This is one of the most requested dessert that I made. (by my family, relatives, friends and coworkers). and I also love cheesecake is one of the favorite desserts. What I like about this recipe is that it is not too sweet.
Since I have a collection of cookbooks I sometimes like to look for something to bake, and so I stumbled upon this recipe. These brownies are a wonderful combination of a fruity cheesecake on a chocolate base. They are very rich but quite delicious served as a special dessert or as mini sweet bites for a party.
And here is the recipe:
For the brownie base:
- 200g dark/bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 150g unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 150g granulated sugar
- 60g fine rice flour
- 40g ground almond
For the cheesecake topping
- 300g cream cheese, room temperature
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 125g mixed fresh/ frozen berries
- BASE, put the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. stir until both are melted and the mixture is smooth. let it cool slightly.
- beat the egg and sugar together in a separate bowl. Fold in the rice flour and ground almonds. then gently fold it all together. pour the mixture into a prepared cupcake cups for about 2/4 full.
- CHEESECAKE TOPPING, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. then add the egg and vanilla.
- pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie base. lightly push the berries into the cheesecake.
- Bake @ 170C (325F) for about 20-30 minutes. then let it cool down for about 2 hours to let it set.
I hope you guys could try this recipe… ENJOY! =D